The Lummi Nation Logo

The Lummi Nation Logo

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 2, Yuba City to Redding (117 miles)


Hey Everyone!
Thanks for following along. Yesterday's 132 miles took a toll on the guys, but they still woke up ready to go today. After a good nights sleep and a hearty breakfast at Lumberjack's (I didn't know Zach drank coffee) they took off for their first break in Chico. After loading up the car and checking out of the hotel I took off and met up with them in Chico after I went to another Target and got some stuff we were missing. We all took a little rest stop at the Sierra Nevada Brewery in Chico (see pic); Sierra Nevada is the new electrolyte. They then left as quick as they came and I went ahead to Red Bluff where I tanked up the Suburban, checked out a local bakery (see pic), and then set up for the lunch break at a park nearby. The guys left and I went ahead to check in at the hotel, set-up, and hunt down a local gym (the guy's exercising so much makes me look bad, so I got to keep up). I'm at the hotel watching TV waiting for the guys to show up. Luckily the weather did not seem too bad and the cyclists had tailwind at their back so they should be here anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you guys. I probably would have ended the trip at the brewery, but that's just me. We had a great weekend but came up ne goal short. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you tried some of the Summerfest beer. They only brew it in, guess what, Summer! Thank you John for the fun and informative updates. Go Ralph and Zach - you guys are amazing! Lori Terra

    ReplyDelete