The Lummi Nation Logo

The Lummi Nation Logo

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Night 2

Well, my dad tried to write a blog but after writing three sentences he ran out of things say and realized his sentences rivaled Katherine's. So here it goes: he said,"It was hot, hot, hot today. Lots of wind in all directions and my body definitely felt its age today (we rode 122 miles). But its been a real pleasure to ride with Zach!! Looking to tomorrow we have some hills to climb as we head to Oregon and a high likelihood of raining." He continued on to say that the highlight of today was seeing a live rattlesnake on the side of the road that looked ready to attack Indian Jones style, "Snakes! I hate snakes!". I plan on staying perfectly dry but have been given orders to stick close in case the rain starts to complicate things. My highlight of the day- I saw a group of what I thought were buffalo but then I Googled it (when you have as much time as I do, these things excite you) and found out they were actually bison. I know what you're asking yourself now, what is the difference between the two animals? If you have the extra time like I do, check it out- http://www.differencebetween.net/science/difference-between-bison-and-buffalo/. Also, I received an excessive amount of e-mails from concerned readers about whether I found a gym or not (not really), but I did find one: "Extreme Fitness". It wasn't as extreme as I expected, but it got the job done so you all can stop worrying. From the crew here in Redding - Goodnight and thanks for all the prayers.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, wind, rain, and mountains - three things I don't want to hear on a bike ride! Hang in there, you guys are doing great! Lori Terra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What qualifies a gym as being "extreme"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I am sure your wit and comedic charm help to soothe your Dad and Zach when they need it most! Ya'll are doing Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the hard work, all 3 of you are doing awesome. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Love, Sissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. -What qualifies a gym as extreme? If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

    -And we're looking forward to seeing you too Siss!

    ReplyDelete