The Lummi Nation Logo

The Lummi Nation Logo

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 4 Weed to Medford (82 miles)


Today was much better than yesterday. The guys started off pretty early at 8 to beat the bad weather and left me behind to check out and eat a pizza bagel toasted to perfection with cream cheese. There were no misfortunes so I met up with the guys somewhere between Weed and Ashland at a rest-stop that was under attack from seagulls. The guys told me that they saw a bald eagle flying over the river next to them which is pretty sweet. Zach summed it up by saying the eagle was, "the embodiment of the American dream" (I thought it was a pretty good description). After eating sandwiches and getting their rain gear on I left to go check into the hotel and get the room ready for the tired dudes (spa not working at the hotel?? Devastating). Meanwhile they took a stop at a Starbucks, warmed up with some drinks then met up with me at the hotel. When they arrived Zach was covered in mud because he was behind my dad during the trek. He said that Dad's bike was nice enough to kick up gravel and blacktop into his face, but he eventually got use to the taste. They then relaxed and got clean as I made full use of the Gold's Gym nearby. Afterward we went to a sports bar & grill to watch the NBA Finals but they did not let minors in after 5!!! Dammit. So we ended up getting some Indian food nearby that was awesome, but we missed the game because we had to take my dad to get a massage because his legs were hurtin'. Post massage we got some Coldstone and got back to the hotel to find out the Lakers won (And I thought yesterday was a bad day). Everyone is tired so we'll prob hit the hay soon and wake up for tomorrow's short trek to Canyonville. That's all i have to say about that.

3 comments:

  1. Dudes welcome to Or ree gone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! So glad to hear you had a better day today. The pictures are great. I have never driven that far north and it's beautiful. And, John, I'm glad to hear you are not a Lakers fan! Lori Terra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to say our spa is out of commission at the moment, but we have two options... the neighbors spa (already spoke to them) and another friends spa a few miles away either one is available, and would love to let us use it. Getting excited to hear all of the stories that john didn't post.

    ReplyDelete